11 Feb Safer Internet Day
On Tuesday 11th February we joined schools and youth settings across the UK in celebrating Safer Internet Day 2020. Safer Internet Day is a global campaign to promote the safe and responsible use of technology, which calls on young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Using the internet safely and positively is a key message that we promote in Pooles Park Primary School and celebrating Safer Internet Day is a great opportunity for us to re-emphasise the online safety messages we deliver throughout the year. Some of the activities we have participated in on the day include:
- An assembly held by a lead Computing educator
- Workshops run by a lead Computing educator
- Watching and discussing safer internet films
- Taking part in safer internet quizzes
- Exploring scenarios related to using the internet safely