There are four main elements to how we ensure our safeguarding policies and principles support the children in our care:
- Prevention through the curriculum and pastoral support offered to pupils and their families.
- School’s child protection infrastructure and procedures for identifying and reporting cases (or suspected cases) of abuse or other child protection concerns.
- Procedures for dealing with an allegation made against a member of staff.
- Support for pupils who may have suffered significant harm, and their families.
- Stringent Safer Recruitment procedures are followed to ensure we employ the best people to work safely with our children
We believe every child should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure that children we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are suffering harm.
We recognise that the Children’s Services Contact Team has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a child.
Please follow the link below to read our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy or ask the school office staff for a copy:
Pooles Park Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Download a copy – Keeping Children Safe in Education Part 1
Pooles Park Child Protection Policy Covid Addendum