We endeavour to give children the opportunity to apply their Design and Technology skills by linking them to other areas of the curriculum.
Our Design and Technology aims are to:
- Teach children the skills to design and create a product taking into account their own and others’ needs
- Draw upon skills from relevant subjects such as mathematics, science, computing and art to enhance their design
- Equip children with the skills to take risks and become resourceful with their tools
- Give children the opportunities to evaluate designs and critically analyse the impact they have on the wider world
We aim to support children to:
- Use acquired skills to create high-quality prototypes based on a set criteria to critique
- Evaluate and test their own creations and the work of others
- Understand the importance of nutrition and apply this to cooking
Through the evaluation of past and present design and technology, they develop a critical understanding of its impact on daily life and the wider world. High-quality design and technology education makes an essential contribution to the creativity, culture, wealth and well-being of the nation.
We are currently trailing Kapow Primary with the intention of following the scheme from September 2022.